I understand that life happens sometimes... illness, car problems, traffic, etc., and sometimes you'll have to cancel your appointment. No matter what the circumstance is - a phone call or text well before your appointment start time is always appreciated!! 615-944-6361
I do not facebook or email on my phone, so I cannot guarantee receiving messages sent that way.
In an effort to provide the finest care possible to both you, other clients, and my own family, please respect the following policies and procedures:
ARRIVAL TO YOUR THERAPY APPOINTMENT
For an oil treatment or red light therapy treatment, please arrive 5 minutes prior to your appointment.
For a massage, please arrive for your appointment 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. This allows time to fill out any necessary paperwork, discuss your needs, change and prepare for the service. All massages have a specific time schedule and early arrival allows for a relaxed and unhurried experience.
If late arrival is inevitable, your service(s) may be shortened in order to keep on schedule. The original session time will be charged.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you need to reschedule or cancel a treatment. This gives me the opportunity to fill the slot or make other arrangements for my day. If a client fails to cancel within 24 hours multiple times (2 or more), they will be asked to pre-pay for future services, or services may be denied. If less than 24 hours notice is received, half the amount of the scheduled visit may be charged directly to the patient to be paid before any further appointments will be scheduled - unless the appointment can be filled.
This is to discourage repeat “No-Shows” or last minute cancellations. If you must cancel less than 24 hours before your appointment feel free to discuss the nature of your cancellation with your massage therapist. Your business is valued and your cooperation is appreciated. I am making a commitment to you to guarantee your appointment time; please respect my time as well.
LATE ARRIVAL POLICY
If you are not present for your scheduled session during the first 15 minutes (unless having telephoned me you might be late), you will be considered by me that you are a "no-show". Depending upon how late you arrive, I will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a session...and regardless of the length of the session actually given, you will be responsible for the "full" session. Late arrivals will not receive extension of scheduled appointments. In special cases, and when our schedule will allow, we may be able to accommodate a partial or full appointment. This will be at our discretion and only with proper, advanced notification of your late arrival. The original reservation fee will be charged.
NO SHOW POLICY
Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a "no-show". Clients who fail to show for appointments may be asked to pre-pay for future services. Repeated no-show clients may be denied scheduling services. Compensation is expected and thus lost for reserved time slots that are not filled.
RIGHT TO REFUSE
I reserve the right to refuse any potential client for any reason.
- INFORMED CONSENT
At your first visit, you will be expected to fill out a health intake form and sign it to give consent for a session. You may receive a copy of the massage therapy policies and may be asked to sign the consent stating that you have read the information, understand it, and agree to comply with the professional massage therapy policies and procedures.
SCOPE OF PRACTICE
I am a licensed massage professional and am held to the highest standards of the American Massage Therapy Association and the Tennessee Department of Health. I am also a Certified Light Therapist and Certified Essential Oil Coach.
- Massage Therapy is a profession in which the practitioner applies manual techniques, and may apply adjunctive therapies, with the intention of positively affecting the health and well-being of the client.
- Massage Therapists do not diagnose or prescribe for medical conditions nor are they allowed to provide treatment for a specific condition without a doctor's supervision. The massage therapist is required to refer you for diagnosis and to follow recommendations of your physician.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (situations when massage is not a good idea)
Under certain medical conditions, massage and bodywork may not be advised. For example, when a fever is present. If a massage could be potentially harmful to a client's condition, the therapist has the right to decline services. It is the client's duty to get a medical release saying massage is okay for any known serious medical conditions.
RESPECT FOR CLIENT NEEDS AND BOUNDARIES
- I am happy to adjust pressure, temperature, musical volume, work longer on an area or move on if you request it. Your communication about these needs are key to a pleasant experience. It is your duty as a client to speak up if you are uncomfortable or dissatisfied with any part of the session.
- The client may choose to: leave on as much clothing as needed for comfort, refuse any massage methods, stop massage at any time and is free to leave.
- Draping is a must and not an option for table massage. I insist to follow proper draping protocol. The client will always be modestly draped. Only the area being massaged will be uncovered.
- Occasionally, an emotional response to massage occurs. If this happens, it is ok to express the feelings in our safe, nonjudgmental environment - or you may request privacy and end the session. You are in control.
- Requests for sexual activity will not be tolerated, will be viewed as solicitation, and reported to the proper authorities under the guidelines of the massage therapy policies and procedures. The client will not be rescheduled if this occurs.
- The breast and genital area will not be massaged under any circumstances. Permission will be asked before working close to these areas; otherwise, a professional distance will be maintained. Hip and gluteal area will be worked through the draping. You may request this area to be avoided.
- Sexual interaction or discussion of any kind between the client and the massage therapist is NEVER appropriate. On rare occasions an involuntary sensual response to massage is natural and will subside on its own in a few moments. Any responses that seem voluntary in nature will not be tolerated.
SUBSTANCE USE. Clients should not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CONVERSATION
- The discussion between the massage therapist and the client is confidential. The client may or may not choose to talk during the massage.
SERVICES FOR CHILDREN/MINORS
Any client under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian sign a consent form. When present, I will go over with the parent and child in the therapy room what will go on during the massage and I will be able to answer any questions you may have. The parent should be present in the session room for any massage conducted on children under the age of 15.
EXISTING AND NEW MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- It is the responsibility of the client to keep the massage therapist informed of any medical treatment currently being taken, and to provide written permission from the physician, chiropractor, physical therapist, etc., that the massage may be continued.
- The client must also keep the massage therapist informed of any changes in health conditions.
- For clients with cancer and/or undergoing chemo and radiation therapies - I am not trained for oncology massage. If you are wanting a basic swedish massage, I may require a doctor's note that states the doctor is aware of and agrees to the desired therapy sessions.